Start a new topic
Answered

What is the "app consent" ?

The "consent" is an activation in your O365 tenant, to specify that "Waldo is an application and will need to authenticate to the office server with a user account".

Waldo employees CANNOT, in any way, identify your data.

You can read this document if you'd like to know more: https://customer.hellowaldo.app/en/support/solutions/articles/8000098592

Of course, feel free to ask any quuestions just below

Best Answer

Good question we often get.

The answer is NO. The Waldo app can not override user's permissions.

When you consent the Waldo app, the Waldo app can access some data on user's behalf, with the same user's permissions limitations, AND only when the user is connected to the app.

So if you (as a user) can not read your manager's calendar, then the Waldo app can not read your manager's calendar.

Hi Team, does it mean that the Waldo app can access data without the user's permission?
(If I've got no access to the outlook calendar of my manager, is Waldo able to read my manager's calendar?)

Answer

Good question we often get.

The answer is NO. The Waldo app can not override user's permissions.

When you consent the Waldo app, the Waldo app can access some data on user's behalf, with the same user's permissions limitations, AND only when the user is connected to the app.

So if you (as a user) can not read your manager's calendar, then the Waldo app can not read your manager's calendar.

Login or Signup to post a comment