Start a new topic
Implemented

Remove check in notifications for permanent desks

Some staff members require a permanent desk in our office. 

We assign a desk as only bookable by that staff member. 

However the staff member continues to get check in notifications stating that the desk will be released if they don't check in. 

It would be beneficial if check in notifications could be removed for desks that can only be booked by one person. 

1 person likes this idea

We agree our permanent users are getting very annoyed. 

We like that the hoteling users having to do so.

Also the feature request for half-day booking is necessary.

Thanks! 

Hi Andrea,

The thing is, if we do that, we're not sure that the user is at the office (which is an important information for others).

(you know, it's not only about desk booking, it's all about knowing if Bob is at the office or not ... If Bob is at the office, maybe Emma will go to the office as well because she needs to work with Bob).

Still, I agree there's a problem here...

I'll submit this problem to the team.

Feel free to suggest something :)

Inigo

Thanks Inigo.

The issue: The user checks in, however the staff member continues to get check in notifications stating that the desk will be released if they don't check in. 

What if the permanent desk user, in their Calendar, when they set location to 'in office' they are auto-checked in then when they leave the office they change location to 'Working Remotely' and their avatar image is auto-cleared.

Thanks for your consideration.

Yes, sure we can do that.

Still, I'm not sure that solves the problem (or maybe I didn't understand correctly).

If the user sets his Waldo calendar as "in office" everyday, but, in real, doesn't go to the office, it gives a wrong information to other colleages.

But maybe that's another problem, which could be solved with the "outlook smart sync" feature: https://customer.hellowaldo.app/en/support/solutions/articles/8000102797-outlook-smart-sync

At the end, I totally get your point: this is boring to be asked everyday "will you be at the office tomorrow" when you have a fixed desk ...

Hi Rick,

Now, fixed desk are excluded from the check-in.

Have a great day

Inigo

Hello Rick,

One more thing now: you can decide to activate or deactivate the check-in for fixed desks.

See this announcement: https://customer.hellowaldo.app/support/discussions/topics/8000016007

Login or Signup to post a comment