Issues with Waldo chat: Teams freezes

Hello All,

Some customers may encounter an issue with Waldo and Teams: sometimes, Microsoft Teams freezes.

The workaround is to clear the Microsoft Teams cache, as explained here: https://customer.hellowaldo.app/en/support/solutions/articles/8000106602-how-to-clear-ms-teams-cache

We are fully aware that this workaround is cumbersome. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

We are in touch with Microsoft support to resolve this issue. It seems that Microsoft Teams does not handle the Waldo notifications correctly anymore.

I'll keep you posted.

Matthieu

Hello All,

We've just been informed that the submission of the "new" Waldo app has been approved by Microsoft.

It usually take 1 or 2 days to be available. You don't have anything to do.

By "new" Waldo app, I mean the app without the "suggestions" in the chat.

Enjoy your day

Inigo

Hello,

The new version of the app is now published. You don't have anything to do.

Enjoy your day!

Hello All,

Here's an update about this issue.

Our intuition was good. This issue is related to the chat feature.

It doesn't happen with Waldo only. It happens with any app in Microsoft Teams with a chatbot.

If you're curious, here's how to reproduce the issue with the WHO app, from Microsoft:

1 - Click the chat box.

2 - Select a suggestion but do not type "enter".

3 - Then click on the "upcoming meetings" tab.

Then ... your Microsoft Teams will freeze.

It will now be easier for Microsoft to solve the issue.

I'll keep you posted.

We still have problems with Waldo Freezing Teams. Running Version 1.0.10

Hi, 

Thanks for your feedback. The fix should also be deployed on Teams side. The version of Teams client is 1.6.00.1381 or later.

Is it possible for you to check if your Teams app is up-to-date ?

Thanks

Got that version yesterday. Hope it will work better now.

Thanks for your reply again, I hope too!

If you have any issues, feel free to contact us.

Hello All,

Quick feedback about this issue: it has been confirmed as a new bug from Microsoft. Still, we don't know how long it will take to get an updated version of Microsoft Teams.

As a result, we've decided to remove the "suggestions" in the chat box of Waldo. It's a temporary workaround.

This means we'll have to submit a new version of the Waldo app to the Microsoft store. It may take a few days to get the app validated.

I'll keep you posted.

Login or Signup to post a comment