|The free version||The complete version||On-demand version|
Concepts and useful information.
- An office is usually considered as a building.
- An office is split into areas. An area is a geographical zone within your office. An area is always associated with an office.
- Users can see the occupancy of areas to which they've been assigned. Users cannot see the occupancy of an area they have not been assigned to.
- Areas contain desks.
- Users are assigned with areas (one or many).
- When you delete an office, it deletes the areas, desks, parking, parking areas, and parking spots in turn.
- Start by creating offices. You should create as many offices as there are buildings.
- Next, create areas. Keep in mind that Waldo displays the occupancy of areas and not offices.
- You should consider areas as preferred zones for users (for which users need to know the occupancy).
- If your users don't have a preferred zone to work in, you should create only one area.
- If your users have a preferred zone to work in, you should organize areas by team (e.g. Support team), by department (e.g. IT department), or localization (e.g. North-1st-floor).
- Next, create desks.
- Finally, assign areas to users.
Ready to go?
1 - Create a new office.
- Go to the management portal: https://app.hellowaldo.app..
- Authenticate using your Microsoft 365 account.
- Under Resources, and then Offices, click on Add a new office. You can also rename the existing Office.
2 - Associate an office area with the office.
- Click on Office areas.
- You can add a new office area or rename the default office area.
- Select the Office you want to associate the area with.
In the example below, the Marketing area is associated with the Paris office.
3 - Create desks in the office area.
- Click on Office desks.
- Click on Bulk add.
- Select the office and the area you want to associate desks with. Then enter the number of desks you want to create.
In the example below, we created 10 desks in the marketing area. And the marketing area is associated with the Paris office.
4 - Assign areas to users.
- Click on users and then on users again.
- Click on the user you want to assign to the area.
- Click on add office area and then select the areas where the user can find a desk.
Keep in mind: users can see the occupancy of areas to which they've been assigned. Users cannot see the occupancy of an area they have not been assigned to.
You're done! Waldo will now display the office occupancy.
5 - Advanced user settings: define tags, priorities and favorite desks.
If you'd like to go further, you can now define tags, priorites and favorite desks.
6 - Set the office map.
You can refer to this article to set your office map. Office map is available with the "Booking" plan.